Followers


Thursday, April 18, 2013

Long time..no post...rambles

It is so hard to find the time to post these days.  Between work, kids and everything else this blog gets put on the back burner. 
I have been doing good.  I have lost a total of 25 pounds since February.  I try to exercise at least 5 days a week.  Eating has been good for the most part, I still struggle with weekends.

Yesterday I had Orange Leaf,  yogurt place with the toppings type of joint.  I had peanut butter yogurt with some chocolate chips sprinkled on top.  I don't see anything wrong with treating yourself as long as it's not all the time.  I wanted some ice cream and I feel like I choose the best option, rather than going to dairy queen and getting a blizzard.  But I still have feelings of guilt even when I make the right choice.  It's like I have it in my head if it tastes good it must be bad for me.  And it isn't just yogurt that does this to me.  Lets take sweet potatoes for instance.  I have swapped out russet potatoes for sweet potatoes, the obviously healthier option but I can't get through my head it's better because they are so good.  I feel guilty for eating them because I thoroughly enjoy them.  I guess I am just cray cray!

Another thing I would like to weigh in on...counting calories. I hate the thought of counting calories.  Hate it!  Sure I look at the calories in something or I measure something out based on the calories but I never keep a running total on the calories I take in but I think this is something I truly need to do...So today I have embarked on the journey of counting calories.  Lets see if I can keep it up. 

I have made so many changes but feel like I need to make so many more..but one at a time is working so far.  I read something today "go about your lifestyle changes like you go about remodeling a house, one room at a time."

Until next time..Hopfully I will be back sooner with an update!

No comments:

Post a Comment